erinelliott

Monday, April 03, 2006

Web Based Education BLOG

Hello all! I wanted to ask opinions on different web based programs you have used. I posted a discussion reply for week 4 about eCollege and Blackboard. Those are the only 2 programs I have experience with. I also do not know what else is out there. Any takers???

My experience with Blackboard was all good except when I opened all discussion posts at once. It was like it took forever to load. However, eCollege is better with that area. However, I did enjoy being able to post my assignments in Blackboard without sharing it with the entire class. This helped my to keep a Cyber Storage area, then download it all at the end of the class to a folder. It helped to organize my files better. Now, they are all scattered on my 2 harddrives, which I hope to organize when I have hours of time.

Please share your thoughts...Erin

1 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger TNC (Teacher Networking Center) said...

Hi Erin,
I have also used eCollege and Blackboard as a teacher and a student. As a student I enjoy Blackboard because I can use html to modify my posts but as a teacher it is much easier to grade discussions using eCollege.

Another environment I have used is Desire2Learn. This platform is used by PBS Teacherline. It is user friendly for both the teacher and the student. You have to create a member account (this is free) but once you do you can take a free orientation course where you can try out the learning environment at http://teacherline.pbs.org/teacherline/myportfolio/myportfolio.cfm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home