erinelliott

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

April 11, 2006

Hello all. This is an image from the bus window of the Alps in Austria from my trip in March. I will add more images when I finally get them all on a disk. I took 900 pictures, so I'm guessing it will be around $250 to get them all printed.

Anyways, asynchronous and synchronous education is an interesting topic...I would like to put my 2 cents in and say that both have their place in the learning environment. However, with asynchronous, students can comprehend lessons with as much time as they need. The synchronous communication needs to be included in e-learning environments, like the online chats, for instantaneous question/answer sessions. Any thoughts???

Erin

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger TNC (Teacher Networking Center) said...

Hi Erin! What a beautiful picture. Are you planning on having them all printed? What will you do with 900 pictures?

I agree with you that an online learning environment can benefit from having both asynchronous and synchronous features. I have enjoyed the MSN environment but I wonder if students would take part if it was not required.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Erin "Brooke" Elliott said...

Yes, all 900 pics are at Wolf Camera right now ready to be picked up. I have found an album that holds half, so I will just buy 2.

I too wonder about the MSN environment. It would be great if everyone had a mobile device that they could use when they are not in front of their computers. That was my problem. I am constantly "mobile."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home