erinelliott

Thursday, April 27, 2006

April 27, 2006

Hello all. Well, this week's discussion about emerging technologies asks what prior knowlegde and/or opinons we had. So, the blogging discussions have opened my eyes to how I can have the same experience with my students that we have in our discussion forums in an organized manner. I was wondering how I could do this with my students without having to create a forum website. Blog.com helps to do this for free!

The ITV is not new to me. Our state has implemented this successfully into our curriculum. It's a way that rural, poor schools can offer more electives.

As far as podcasting and wikis, I have never heard of. I still think they are quite new, and some of the issues haven't been worked out yet. My opinion of podcasting is a very rewarding product that requires MUCH MOOLA of work! As far as wikis---how do you know what someone else adds to the content is reliable or accurate? Could someone enlighten me??

Thanks, Erin :)

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Erin "Brooke" Elliott said...

I had an IM conversation with Dr. Powley about the new "WiFi Network" in Orlando, FL. The whole city is on the network for free. I wonder if Disney World had some input in this financial decision.

Erin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home