erinelliott

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

May 2, 2006

Hello again. Let's hear it for Week 9--almost done! I think the wireless "revolution" is going to be the next big thing for education. It will be a "solution in progress" for older facilities with anti-technology wiring capabilities, it will help to keep students better aware and informed, and it will increase the amount of accessabilitiy teachers, students, parents, and administrators have to educational information.

The drawbacks I can see already is the speed difference in wireless and hard-wired and the network security. I have not researched how to encrypt wireless access points so that students cannot bypass the domain. And, the wireless routers for some reason inhibit our network capabilities. Anybody have any comments to help me out? :)

3 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger TNC (Teacher Networking Center) said...

I am not as knowledgeable about networks I wish I was. I do agree that wireless will replace wired technology because of convenience, cost and ease of installation. Hopefully wireless technology will soon be at the speeds of wired technology.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Erin "Brooke" Elliott said...

My MSN experience up to this point has been peer to peer communications, file sharing, and sharing a program. I plan to use a voice and video experience during week 10. Also, I will email all conversations to Dr. Powley during week 10. Erin

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Erin "Brooke" Elliott said...

Jacqui and I have IM file shared our outline for the "Emerging Technologies" analysis paper. I was quite surprised it only took seconds on a dial-up connection.

Erin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home